Among the various skin conditions that afflict people, one of the most common skin growths are what people call as skin tags. These benign, fleshy growths on the skin love to grow in areas with skin folds, such as underarms, under the breast, groin areas and even on the eyelids.
Though the real reason behind skin tag formation is still unknown, a lot of risk factors contribute to their appearance. Here are some of them:
- Excess collagen
- Sugar levels
Now that we know the possible causes of skin tags, let us now learn how to remove them. For the more faint-hearted and those who opt to give home remedies for skin tags on eyelids a try, take a look at some of them here and see for yourselves if they’re really effective.
Note: Seek medical consultation first before applying anything on the sensitive eye area.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Acidity of the vinegar breaks off the tissue surrounding the skin tag, eventually causing it to fall off.
- How to apply:
- Soak cotton swab in ACV.
- Apply to affected area and wrap in bandage for at least 15-30 minutes.
- Wash off thoroughly after application. Repeat for several weeks.
- Tea tree oil
- Comes with antiviral and antifungal properties, making it safe on skin application.
- Same application procedures apply as with ACV usage.
- Banana peel
- Place banana peel over the tag and cover it with bandage.
- Continue applying every night until the tag falls off.
- Vitamin E
- As antioxidant, it helps fight wrinkles and keeps the skin in healthy condition.
- Apply liquid vitamin E over the skin tag and surrounding skin area
- Comes with anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties
- Apply crushed garlic on the affected area, cover it with bandage and leave it overnight.
- Wash off the area in the morning and repeat until tag shrinks and disappears
Are they effective?
Yes, they certainly are. But, as they’re generally a less aggressive approach to skin tag elimination, it’s expected it’ll take a couple of days to see the effects.